Any Chance??

Pics
My guys, all of them, except for the chicks that are just starting, crow ALL DAY LONG. Unfortunately, I gave my first boys a treat every time they would crow when I asked. So basically they now crow anytime they want something or just see me. They taught the next group, and so on and so on. I have a small grooming shop at my house and my little barred bantam cochin will come to the door while I'm working, and crow and crow and crow, until I either stop what I'm doing and give him a treat or open the door so he can come inside. He's a mess! He comes to greet all of my clients and they all love him. Whenever he knew that I had raisins, he would continue to crow, even if I gave him something, until I would give him a raisin...... He is rotten! I just love him to pieces though

In my personal opinion, bantam cockerel/roosters are easier to manage. I only have 1 aggressive bantam rooster and luckily he doesn't have spurs(he's a silkie). They're still rapey to the girls though. My bantam boys ripped my OEGB pullets comb. Of course I immediately separated the boys and girls. Thankfully there was barely any blood and was easy to keep clean and heal up. FiFi is ok months later but she has an odd comb. The piece they ripped never grew back. She still freaks out if she thinks any other bird than her 3 Flock members, is going to come near her. I don't blame her though. I should have separated them before that happened to her.

My guys, all of them, except for the chicks that are just starting, crow ALL DAY LONG. Unfortunately, I gave my first boys a treat every time they would crow when I asked. So basically they now crow anytime they want something or just see me. They taught the next group, and so on and so on. I have a small grooming shop at my house and my little barred bantam cochin will come to the door while I'm working, and crow and crow and crow, until I either stop what I'm doing and give him a treat or open the door so he can come inside. He's a mess! He comes to greet all of my clients and they all love him. Whenever he knew that I had raisins, he would continue to crow, even if I gave him something, until I would give him a raisin...... He is rotten! I just love him to pieces though
I'm imagining an older rooster teaching the younger ones that crowing gets them rewards XD

I'm imagining an older rooster teaching the younger ones that crowing gets them rewards XD
Hahaha! To be honest with you, I've imagined/came up with an entire conversation between the boys, old and young, hahaha! The boys and their knowledge of the ins and outs of chicken hood at my house. We need some chicken comics. Hey, you're an artist, we should come up with something!

Hahaha! To be honest with you, I've imagined/came up with an entire conversation between the boys, old and young, hahaha! The boys and their knowledge of the ins and outs of chicken hood at my house. We need some chicken comics. Hey, you're an artist, we should come up with something!
I'd love to! At the moment I'm super swamped with schoolwork, inktober, dance, and the drawing requests thread that I did. Once I'm free we can figure something out, though!

I've had several Barred Rock roos and they do get nice and big. I don't see why they won't get along since they've been raised together. You should definitely think about getting them more girls though so they don't wear them out.

Back
Top Bottom