Any chicken breeders located in Delaware or the Eastern Shore of Maryland?

Etorb1

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
I bought my first chickens this spring at TSC. I adore them, but I know that breeders will have better quality chickens if I (or my kids) are ever interested in showing. I won't be getting any new animals any time soon, but I was hoping to get an idea of any local breeders. Thanks!

I travel pretty regularly between Delaware and West Virginia. Our farm is in WV but we lived in DE for decades and lots of family still there.

For an area that produces so many broilers and has chicken farms everywhere, I was kinda disappointed by the lack of breeders that focused on heritage or rare breeds in DE. They're definitely around but not as common as I expected.

There is a breeder directory here on the site and those "I am here, where are you" threads can be helpful as well. We will have lavender orpingtons, cream legbars, silkies and olive eggers but none are up to show standards at this point - especially since only the silkies are even an accepted breed/color.

Sorry this isn't super helpful. I'm not sure if any of my old contacts are breeding but I can ask around.

I travel pretty regularly between Delaware and West Virginia. Our farm is in WV but we lived in DE for decades and lots of family still there.

For an area that produces so many broilers and has chicken farms everywhere, I was kinda disappointed by the lack of breeders that focused on heritage or rare breeds in DE. They're definitely around but not as common as I expected.

There is a breeder directory here on the site and those "I am here, where are you" threads can be helpful as well. We will have lavender orpingtons, cream legbars, silkies and olive eggers but none are up to show standards at this point - especially since only the silkies are even an accepted breed/color.

Sorry this isn't super helpful. I'm not sure if any of my old contacts are breeding but I can ask around.
I appreciate the reply. Thank you.

Hi, I'm in Ocean City and I'll be hatching GF cream legbars in the late winter. I can also hatch Easter Eggers since my roo is a cream legbar.
Thanks for the reply. I'll get in touch when I need more birds. Right now my husband says I have too many :(

Back
Top Bottom