Any chicks in NH ???? How about Silkies ??????

swtangel321

~Crazy Egg Lady~
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
I have a broody hen and I'm pretty sure none of her eggs are going to hatch, just wondering if ANYONE in NH or close by has any chicks.... Would like silkies, barred rocks, or EE's Please let me know if you have any !!!!! Just a few.... Please..... so she will stop sitting it's driving my NUTS !!!!

I think the pregnancy hormones are making you crazy woman
barnie.gif
Think about this first.........all the things we have been talking about with the pregnancy and dealing with the winter.......are you sure you want to add to the load? Be careful.......please
smile.png
She will be better off to run her broody time.........she will get over it.
Give her a couple rocks or something. Think about yourself first.........the last few months of the pregnancy can be tiresome........:aww

Quote:
Well, YES the pregnancy hormones are making me CRAZY thats for sure.... And I understand what your saying !!! Chances are that noone has chicks anyways so it wont matter !!!! What would be the difference if they did hatch compaired to me giving them to her ???

Ohhhh and why are you looking under this section are you looking for chicks to, LOL !!!!!
tongue.gif

BTW: I cleaned and dusted the coop and 40ish chickens today, It was fun (NOT!!!!!!!)

Where in NH are you? I may have a few Mille fluer d'uccle eggs............or you could go w/the rocks ETA I also have an order of chicks coming next week that I know will have extra males for warmth.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, YES the pregnancy hormones are making me CRAZY thats for sure.... And I understand what your saying !!! Chances are that noone has chicks anyways so it wont matter !!!! What would be the difference if they did hatch compaired to me giving them to her ???

Ohhhh and why are you looking under this section are you looking for chicks to, LOL !!!!!
tongue.gif

BTW: I cleaned and dusted the coop and 40ish chickens today, It was fun (NOT!!!!!!!)

I'm glad you got the dusting over with
smile.png
I just think that maybe if nothing hatches it will make your next few months easier. No sense in adding to the work load. Sometimes we get excited about things that are fun...... like baby chicks......... but we lose sight of the reality........ the reality is that you were buying supplies to ease the burden for yourself as winter roll into New England. So if the hatch does not work out, the broody will move on. I was just throwing you a line...........
smile.png
I think in the end you would be asking yourself "what were you thinking"? So just think real hard first....... you know what you can handle
smile.png

You can PM chickn I believe she may have some chicks that are EE and Buffs.

Why dont you just take her out of the coop, and place her in a wire bottom cage. By putting her on the wire, the air will cool her underside, and she'll come out of "broody mode" in just a few days.....

Unless this is just an excuse for more birds...
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

tongue.gif

I'm glad you got the dusting over with
smile.png
I just think that maybe if nothing hatches it will make your next few months easier. No sense in adding to the work load. Sometimes we get excited about things that are fun...... like baby chicks......... but we lose sight of the reality........ the reality is that you were buying supplies to ease the burden for yourself as winter roll into New England. So if the hatch does not work out, the broody will move on. I was just throwing you a line...........
smile.png
I think in the end you would be asking yourself "what were you thinking"? So just think real hard first....... you know what you can handle
smile.png

I understand what your saying !!!!!! I dont NEED any more !!!!!!! Just want !!!!
big_smile.png
How are things with you ???

Back
Top Bottom