Any Christmas / Dec 2012 Hatch a long's?

BantamBabesFarm

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
Gloucester, VA
Just started 6 D'anver eggs - 3 Millie/Por and 3 Silverquail / Blue Silverquail. Hopeing to add to that in the week to come, Going to have a staggard hatch but that's alright.

Anyone out there doing hatching and hoping for Xmas chicks? Thanks!

Day one and day 11

One week to go!!! Woo! All of my eggs are growing. Now if they all live to hatch and beyond ill be thrilled. :) these are my own eggs not shipped. Shipped eggs have a harder time. Sadly.

I will be setting 18 Barred Rock and 18 White Wyandotte eggs tomorrow! If all goes well, I should have baby chicks on Christmas day!!

Well, i guess welcome to the Xmas hatch a long for 2012. Hehe. I don't have any prizes or anything but it will be fun to have people to talk with and help eachother if needed. :)

I am going tomorrow to pick up the eggs. Is there anything different I have to do before putting them in the incubator? When I have hatched out eggs from my hens, I just took them from the nesting box and put them in the incubator. I know it is taking this lady a few days to get the number of eggs I need, and she stores them in her basement, they aren't refrigerated. Do they need to set out before going in the incubator or can I just put them in and let em go. I will have the incubator ready when I get home with them. I am so excited about incubating eggs, it's been a long time since I have hatched out chicken eggs.

The general suggested advice is opening them up from the package and letting them rest anywhere from 4 to 24 hours before putting them into the bator.

I let my shipped eggs sit 6 hours and then in they go, turner on.

The way I'm hatching mine is with the dry hatch method. Everyone has their own way, this works for me. I've for mine 99-100 degrees and 30-35% humidity till lockdown them bump it up to 75-85 humidity

Back
Top Bottom