Any clue what type of Rabbits these are?

vickie2133

Songster
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Corbin
Both are does and I am wanting to get a buck to go with them, so curious on the breeds. Sorry about the blue tint, it ws a snowy day and my pics turned out like that.
22089_p1010051.jpg

22089_pc270132.jpg

I have a buck just like the white with the eye rings. He has a heart shaped ring around both eyes and a tear drop under one eye with a few spots on his back and a line on his spine. He is small...definitely not a rex...normal fur. Billy the Kid is quite a lil character; we rescued him at the end of September after someone dumped him out at a neighbor's church.

A half rex or even some 3/4th rex won't have the rex fur. It's recessive and requires 2 parents carrying the gene. What the other part is though can be impossible to tell. Minimal markings usually means the rabbit has 2 broken genes making it a charlie. Sometimes they can have health issues especially digestive tract problems.

The 2nd one looks to be vienna marked which means it's carrying 1 copy of the gene to make a blue eyed white. BEW is found in lots of breeds though so that doesn't narrow it down too much.

What the previous post said, you would be better off, not breeding these bunnies and just making them pets, they are just cute mutts.
smile.png
Go look at the American Rabbit Breeders Association. There is a breed listing page, if you want to breed, especially for pets, you should talk to a reputable breeder of a breed you are interested in.
smile.png

Just because a rabbit has spots does not make it an English Spot.

Likewise, that agouti coloring exists in lots of breeds, most of which are way more common than the American Chin.

The body type looks all wrong for either and both are very common colors so body type is more what needs to be looked at.

Back
Top Bottom