Any clues about this pair

Mrsstorm69

Hatching
Oct 2, 2021
Girl who give me these said they're male and female pair. They came with an adorable white chick who unfortunately disappeared.

My guess is Legbar, but there are so many different features that make me doubt it

Attachments

• 20210927_164909-1.jpg
    20210927_164909-1.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 6
I have some silkies and I don't see any similar features.
Here is another pic

Attachments

• 20210927_164909.jpg
    20210927_164909.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 1
My guess is Legbar, but there are so many different features that make me doubt it
You are right to doubt it. They are not Legbars.
--The feather color/pattern is wrong
--The comb on the rooster is wrong (I can't see the hen's comb clearly enough to tell, but Legbars have a single comb and the rooster clearly does not)
--The skin color is wrong (I see it on the hen's face and the rooster's feet)
--Legbars should not have feathers on the feet or lower legs, but I think both of those chickens do.

I agree with the others who say Silkie-mixes.

Silkies should have crests, dark skin, a walnut-shaped comb, feathered feet, and an extra toe on each foot. Those traits often show up in their chicks, even when they are crossed with another breed. Your birds have enough of those traits that I'm pretty sure they are at least part Silkie.

Silkies also have silkie feathers (fuzzy or hairy, not like normal chicken feathers). Silkie feathers usually do not show up in their chicks if they are crossed with another breed. So the normal feathers on the hen make sense, if she is a Silkie-cross.

I think I see silkie feathers on the rooster, so he could be all Silkie (maybe a cross of two different colors), or he might be a mix of breeds that is more than half Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom