Any computer programmers that can make an app?

Mims

Songster
6 Years
May 6, 2013
West Texas
Hey guys. I'm looking for someone who can help me create an app. I have a great idea (but everyone thinks that, right?) but I don't have the skills to create it.

I've been looking around online for someone I hire, but I thought I'd ask here. I'd rather work with a fellow chicken lover! Thanks!!

Hi there Mims

I work within IT and do know a couple of Developers.

I am guessing this is an iPhone and/or Android app?

First question definitely would be, is this app just for any chickeneers who may be interested or are we talking something bigger, saleable to general public etc?

I note you do not have the skills to create it but just in your opinion do you think it would be fairly easy to create or complex?

I do not want to be a downer, but there are millions of apps out there so if you are thinking of ‘going big’ not only will you need to have the app created, there is also product support, planning, management and just getting it noticed in among those millions of other apps may not see return for $$’s

But, if it is something that you think would be good to have as a chickeneer and not ‘going big’ you still have the issue of getting it out there for definitely no return on $$’s.

If you are not able to create the app yourself, unless you are prepared to protect your idea with patent, contracts etc, you may lose it. Protection is again going to be $$’s

You could look at selling the idea but that again depends on what it is and what type of market it would appeal to. Unless it is truly unique, it may already have been suggested to possible purchasers in the past and rejected.

Now, if you are talking about PC software, there is the consideration of the platform it would be based on. Are we talking something as simple as a few lines of code or bigger? Web based? etc etc

While I totally understand that you are not going to share this idea, having some sort of guide as to how it is going to be hosted etc and what size scale is envisaged may help with sourcing someone to work with.

Back
Top Bottom