1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any coop ideas?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by brierose3, Mar 20, 2013.

1. brierose3

brierose3 Chillin' With My Peeps

we need a coop for around 3-4 chickens and have not had any luck buying online. So looks like we will have to
    build one. But with no real building experience my husband and i are finding it almost impossible. We need to be able to build
    something that will last long, is big enough, fairly simple to build and looks good. Any plans or ideas? thank you!

2. CoopDeFoudre

CoopDeFoudre Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2013
    BHM, AL
    Check out the coop I'm building in this thread. I'm building it for three hens, but you could make yours a little bigger if you like. And I think it would still be pretty simple. I'm much more of a mechanic than a carpenter but I think it's coming along ok and I only have about $250 into it so far so it's still cheaper than a pre-fab coop. Besides, with nothing but 2x4's and plywood who can go wrong.

3. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by