Any cyclists here?

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
So, I'm a cyclist. I have an issue today, and I would like some input from other cyclist on how to fix it.

20200416_125629.jpg

The tube on my bike popped, slipped out of the tire, and wrapped around my axle. I'm currently working on fixing it.

If there is a cyclist here who can help me, I would like some advice. I don't know what happened, but how can I prevent it from happening again?

If you need more details, I will give them.

Jared

I can think of 2 possibilities. The tire is not the correct bead type for that rim.
If tire came with bike new from store, then that is not the issue.
The second possible case;;; tire was not properly seated onto rim. This can happen if installed in haste, and inflated without taking note if tire is seated properly. The way to do that is;; install tire and tube, then fill with just a small amount of air. Spin tire to see if it is running true, and without hops. If there is a noticeable hop, than try to press that portion into rim deeper to even out the circumference. You can only do that if tire is just slightly inflated. Once you have tire seated to your satisfaction,,, fill some more air.. Check to see if bead is seated equally all around rim. Some tires have a little tel-tale line near the bead, from the tire forming mold. It should be same minute distance away from edge of rim all around, and both sides. If you can not get tire bead to sit in the rim properly, chances are the tire may be defective, or have broken cords internally.
Hope this helps :thumbsup
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom