Any Dock Doggers on here?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by wordgirl, Aug 18, 2011.

1. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    I have a 15-month-old Labrador who loves to JUMP - really loves to jump - and I would love to try Dock Dogs with him. Does anyone on here already do this fun sport with their dog? Or anyone who wants to? I would love to hear your training tips and about your experiences with the sport. Boaz (my dog) and I are still working on the sit-wait, on-land jump, and returning the bumper to me (his tendency is after he gets it to just run off and chew on it...), but I'm hoping to do some water work soon. [​IMG]

Here's my Bo - [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Just started training my pup to dock dive! She is a 7 mo American Staffordshire Terrier and just managed to dive off the 18" high dock, so we are going to try the taller dock this weekend! It is a good sport for all this hot weather! [​IMG]

You have a great looking lab!

3. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Thank you! I'm glad to hear from someone else who's doing it, too. [​IMG] I need to find a dock so we can really do it - so far I don't have anywhere to do the actual dock jump. [​IMG] There is a dock near my house, but I don't know whether they want dogs swimming around it....

What's your AmStaff's name? [​IMG] I'd love to see a picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by