Any dog yarn spinners?

Also a groomer, I used to have a client with a samoyed, years ago, that would ask me to save hair. She didn't do it herself, but had it done for her. My SIL spins yarn, and it seems like it could be fun. I stick to mostly shorthaired dogs for my person pets, so I never had enough length to have spun.
After 2 standard poodles, i have switched to a little wirehaired terrier. I loved my poodles and miss them since they passed away, but that hair and grooming was exhausting! I clipped them every 4-6 weeks to keep them looking nice.

I have a Maltipoo and a Yorkshire Terrier. They don't shed any but when I brush them out it gets out all their old dead hair. I had put it in a bag in my room where I groom them (really it's their room), and after a month I could have made a sweater! Ok, maybe not a sweater, but for two tiny dogs it was a lot!
I look forward to some pictures

I just saw this thread. I was like a year late. We had a Great Pyreenees who had CRAZY THICK FUR. His was luxurious, probably better than sheep's wool. If his fluff got muddy, I could turn around an see that it was white as snow. Now that I know you can spin dog's fur, I'll buy myself another Great Pyreenees. And a spinning wheel.

I just saw this thread. I was like a year late. We had a Great Pyreenees who had CRAZY THICK FUR. His was luxurious, probably better than sheep's wool. If his fluff got muddy, I could turn around an see that it was white as snow. Now that I know you can spin dog's fur, I'll buy myself another Great Pyreenees. And a spinning wheel.
Dog fur is 80% warmer than wool.
Definitely should get another Pyrenees. ;)

Back
Top Bottom