Any Experience with Agway Feeds?

TalkALittle

Songster
7 Years
Dec 15, 2014
Massachusetts
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or experiences using Agway Feeds. http://www.agwayfeeds.com/agway/en/products/poultry/index.jsp
As I understand it, Agway is a distributor of Southern States feeds, but also offers feeds under their own label in certain areas. From their website: "Agway
00ae.png
Feeds are only available in the following states: CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT."
Does anyone know if this feed is a private labeling from a larger feed manufacturer? Any comments on quality?

Agway is the only feed store around us, so I have been using the Agway non-medicated feed since my chickens were a few days old. They had the Agway Chick Starter and the Agway Chick Grower without any problems. Once they start laying (at around 21 weeks), I switched over to Agway Hearty Hen Layer pellets. My girls hated the pellets! They refused to eat it no matter what. I had to mixed it with hot oatmeal to entice them everyday. After 2 weeks of hunger strike, I gave in and drove 30 miles one way to get them the Dumor Layer crumble from the nearest Tractor Supply Store, to mix the feed so they would eat it. Eventually, both 50 lb bags were consumed! I then went back to Agway to get the Southern State All Grain Layer and Breeder crumble, with no problem again.

I am not sure the issue with Hearty Hen Layer was the taste of feed or its pellet texture, but I am sticking with crumble from now on.

I think the Turkey/Gamebird grower came in crumble or I used chicken starter/grower non medicated and T/G finisher in pellets. The T/G starter is 26% protein so never used that on my dual purpose chickens.

I had no problems with the feed and once pullets were nearing point of lay switched to finisher. I'm one of those that only uses oyster shells free choice.

http://www.agwayfeeds.com/agway/en/products/poultry/agway-game-turkey-grower/index.jsp

I had to re-home birds this past fall but for 4 years Agway brand feed was all they ate. No complaints at all. Between the chicken starter/grower and turkey/gamebird feeds you'll find the protien level and feed shape your looking for.

Chomping at the bit for spring hatching.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom