Any experience with: gurgling, not eating or drinking, runny poo

George had plenty to eat this evening, and has not started back with any noises. He was alert and more himself and so far it seems like he's on the up. He did have a stool of better quality, also. I'll be posting another update in the morning.
Baytril can work very quickly, as in I have seen improvement in just a few hours.

-Kathy

Sorry I'm late. George had a regular appetite and sounded very clear this morning. I didn't take a video on any pictures, my newly hatched chicks thought getting poo on them would be fun so I was cleaning them off. I will let you know how it all looks this evening.
I'm curious, Kathy, do you know if Baytril will affect fertilized eggs if George is my main flock rooster eventually? I know he shouldn't be consumed, but I wasn't sure about what he may pass on when he comes of age to do so.
Also, am I to expect this was/is contagious? Or possibly not? I'm asking out of curiousity for eventually putting him back out with the flock.

Thanks. :)

Sorry I'm late. George had a regular appetite and sounded very clear this morning. I didn't take a video on any pictures, my newly hatched chicks thought getting poo on them would be fun so I was cleaning them off. I will let you know how it all looks this evening.
I'm curious, Kathy, do you know if Baytril will affect fertilized eggs if George is my main flock rooster eventually? I know he shouldn't be consumed, but I wasn't sure about what he may pass on when he comes of age to do so.
Also, am I to expect this was/is contagious? Or possibly not? I'm asking out of curiousity for eventually putting him back out with the flock.

Thanks.
smile.png
Glad he is better!

I used Baytril with one of my breeding cocks this year and had no fertility problems.

-Kathy

Georges beak is covered in treats and he's drinking plenty now. No real raspiness at all. Giving him the 2nd dose of baytril in an hour and that will be it.
[VIDEO]

Georges beak is covered in treats and he's drinking plenty now. No real raspiness at all. Giving him the 2nd dose of baytril in an hour and that will be it.
I would give him no less than 3 days of Baytril. My vets say to give it for two days after cessation of symptoms. If you stop now and there is still bacteria, I think there is a possibility of it coming back, but the next time Baytril might not work. Not many drugs to go to if Baytril doesn't work.
sad.png

-Kathy

Good morning,
Today George has excellent stools, has a regular appetitive and even crowed a few times, which he barely attempted yesterday. Previously the majority of stools were still loose and wet. I am not hearing any gurgling or rasp. He has had 3 days worth of Baytril.
Can I safely allow him in a pen where my other chickens will have access to interact with him through a fence?

Back
Top Bottom