Any finch illness that can effect chickens?

DianeB

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Our beloved finch passed away this morning. He seemed a little under the weather (sleeping longe, puffed up at night) the last few days but nt too serious (still eating a drinking). His cage is on top of the chicken's crate. I wanted to know if there are any illness that effect both chickens and finches. They have seemed absolutely fine. So, I am not sure what I should look out for besides general signs of illness.

Thank You

I would guess that there would be some diseases that could transfer.. I would just keep a good eye on your chickens for the next couple of weeks ..

I would suggest to keep your finches away from the chickens as chickens produce high amounts of ammonia in their poo. this could have irritated the repiratory system of the finch. Also chickens get lice and they may be able to withstand a infestation to a point but I'd imagine it would affect a small finch quicker.

Thank You

He didn't have a disease or infection. According to the necropsy, he died of a massive hemorage from a broken neck. Everything else was normal. It was our kitten that killed him. I feel absolutely terrible about it. We'll still keep her, but will never get an more small animals while she is still alive.

Back
Top Bottom