Any Finch Lovers out There?

Thanks so much! The finch was born on the 16th and there are still 5 eggs that haven't hatched. When or should I remove them? It has got a bit chillier here (not chilly....like chilly, lol!) would that make a difference? They are still being obiedent parents, so that's good!
It's funny I picked those 2 society's randomly out of a cage of about 15 and they laid eggs. I had my pair of zebras for probably 3 weeks to a month longer and they just are busy making nests and remaking nests..but no eggs. Maybe they were younger? Do you think it would hurt the pair to add them to 4 other zebras I have and see what happens? The 4 are quite young to. Thank you!
Most finches get along very well, but i think it's a bad idea to add or move them when they have a chick, wait until it grows to about 2 months and then you can move them or add to them

I love society finches, spice finches & orange-cheeked waxbills. They all get along in the same aviary together with my canaries, too. It's so funny to watch them all try to pile in the same sleeping nest together, all on top of each other!
I have my two zebs, and Mrs. Zeb likes to pull Mr. zeb`s feathers.

hey guys, I have 2 zebra finches, male and female, and hopefully very soon, a bigger cage with 4 new buddies, which of course they will meet after quarantine. I am eyeing up these 3 societies, and a white Java sold by the same seller. Just wondering if anyone had any of these little guys!

Yes! We love our pair of finches, Ricky and Lucy. The female is a taupe color and the male has bright, beautiful orange cheeks with the stark black and white markings against his gray. They are so clean! They clean each other often and always have a fluffy appearance where their feathers look like fur. They are very friendly and live in the same indoor aviary with our button and coturnix quails. They socialize with them often!

Zebra finches with our buttons and coturnix :)
1B244246-C61F-4008-90D1-3ADDCAB3E2C3.jpeg
A9EB2517-9C9C-408C-A5F8-33DB42345F0E.jpeg

D0AE0AF5-8909-4A2C-80B8-63219F890C74.jpeg

Last edited:
JPEG_20180113_155628_903230895.jpg
I woke up on wednesday morning and saw on one of our local neighborhood sites on facebook someone giving away their zebbies and cage. So I contacted the man and went to fetch my finches! Talk about a spur of the moment decision.... I have named them Lilo & Stitch! They came with a very small cage so i went and bought them a bigger one. I have never had finches before but am completely inlove with them! They are such happy little birds! Always chatting to each other The man I got them from said they are male and female but I am not too sure.

View attachment 1234743 I woke up on wednesday morning and saw on one of our local neighborhood sites on facebook someone giving away their zebbies and cage. So I contacted the man and went to fetch my finches! Talk about a spur of the moment decision.... I have named them Lilo & Stitch! They came with a very small cage so i went and bought them a bigger one. I have never had finches before but am completely inlove with them! They are such happy little birds! Always chatting to each other The man I got them from said they are male and female but I am not too sure.
The grey one is definitely a male, and the white one looks like a female.

Back
Top Bottom