any fisher or eastern coyote experts here?

it goes both ways tho with fishers MANy bobcats kill and eat fishers also. So the predation of fishers on bobcats is 2 way thing. All these predators just eat each other. Except foxes which kinda just get victimized a lot here at least IF they get caught. A big male bobcat is a beast of an animal. I read fishers will kill small females. VIce versa.

Also a big 40 pound boar coon not much is going to tangle with that either. Usually the young and small females get eaten.

Here is a fisher trying to kill a grey fox
but a man saves the fox. See how kinda sloppy the killing is? its too small so it needs time to kill. Which is why i kinda think it is a fisher. It is hard to watch you feel sorry for the fox and its rage.

Population explosion of them mnr released fishers to stop porcupines but there is so many of them. I have seen them sitting on peoples roofs.

Without natural predators like golden eagles to control them none of these animals are going anywhere.

Last edited:
it goes both ways tho with fishers MANy bobcats kill and eat fishers also. So the predation of fishers on bobcats is 2 way thing. All these predators just eat each other. Except foxes which kinda just get victimized a lot here at least IF they get caught. A big male bobcat is a beast of an animal. I read fishers will kill small females. VIce versa.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the video....I Live in Tx. and No fishers here...although we do have everything else....I cannot keep cats unless they stay in the house....something always gets them...~Charm1704

We had a large fisher cat killing small animals in an urban setting, and it was seen in a backyard when a visitor was present, and had a full grown german shepherd dog, which he proceeded to sic on the fisher cat.
In a very short period of time the dog was dead with its throat torn out. Not even two minutes....
If you have a young, or inexperienced fisher cat as a predator better get it now, before he/she gets more experience dealing with prey that fights back.
The mature, large experienced killers are no predators to mess around with.
Our old lgd treed a young one, and it chose to just sit up there away from the dog - however in a year or so the dog would be just another victim.
My brother took a photo with his cellphone, and it was a very small (immature) fisher cat - lucky for him and the dog.
Try baiting a large havahart trap with canned catfood - and shoot it inside the trap when/if you are successful in trapping it.
Don't even think of releasing it somewhere else.... and
Good luck eliminating this dangerous predator.

Back
Top Bottom