Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
We do too. But sadly we can't get the fresh smoked thick tasty fish that Mr. Laslo made, here in New Orleans. You know it's bad when I still remember the man's name after 14 years. LOL

Itsasmallfarm, I certainly understand if the answer to this question is NO, but I have to ask, as we often get nice gulf fish here (as in we catch them). Would your Grandmother be willing to share how she makes her smoked fish?

Itsasmallfarm, I certainly understand if the answer to this question is NO, but I have to ask, as we often get nice gulf fish here (as in we catch them). Would your Grandmother be willing to share how she makes her smoked fish?
its my grandpa who makes the smoked fish, and i help some of the time :). but i have no problem what so ever of sharing recipes :) first off depends on the fish, we have different recipes for different species. for example we use a simple maple brown sugar brine on trout, to my recall, its pretty much just maple (we use just simple good tasting store bought, could use the real stuff though.) then brown sugar, some salt, garlic and onion if i recall right.

for the pike we use a special recipe, i have no idea what the recipe is, how ever if you like i can find it for. and share. again if i can locate the recipe card lol.

but i will go and ask my grandparents for the recipes and am sure they will gladly share them. :)

also at the moment the only fish i have smoked is gold eye my self. (its kinda of a Winnipeg special, but i live in Saskatchewan so nobody here smokes them or even keeps them), so am open to any of your fish smoking recipes for oily fish :)

its my grandpa who makes the smoked fish, and i help some of the time :). but i have no problem what so ever of sharing recipes :) first off depends on the fish, we have different recipes for different species. for example we use a simple maple brown sugar brine on trout, to my recall, its pretty much just maple (we use just simple good tasting store bought, could use the real stuff though.) then brown sugar, some salt, garlic and onion if i recall right.

for the pike we use a special recipe, i have no idea what the recipe is, how ever if you like i can find it for. and share. again if i can locate the recipe card lol.

but i will go and ask my grandparents for the recipes and am sure they will gladly share them. :)
Thank you

has anyone here eaten common carp before? and any fishing tips for them?
No..... We don't have them around here.
But I'm sure there are recipes for them online.
I don't think they are hard to catch..... We had them downstate where I grew up around Detroit.
They were a pest fish and hard not to catch.....
Allot of people fish with doughballs..... Some people like to archery fish them too

well winter is now here, (where i live its like a foot of snow, to me that is winter lol) so now am going to start to gear up for ice fishing season this year (about end of December to early January the ice is safe enough to fish on well to my standards) going to try and target burbot this year. (last year i tried but only got perch) but going to get an ice rod for burbot/walleye and give my try at catching a few. (love eating burbot best fish IMO)

well winter is now here, (where i live its like a foot of snow, to me that is winter lol) so now am going to start to gear up for ice fishing season this year (about end of December to early January the ice is safe enough to fish on well to my standards) going to try and target burbot this year. (last year i tried but only got perch) but going to get an ice rod for burbot/walleye and give my try at catching a few. (love eating burbot best fish IMO)
Yeah winter is here too..... Little lake already is icing up....... We got down into the single digits Thursday...... We've been getting snow here and there. ....... Won't be long now.
I shoot my buck on the 20th of October so my deer season is over..... Ice Ice baby

Back
Top Bottom