Any goat lovers out there?

Ohhh JEESH!!!!!
barnie.gif
Now I HAVE to get some goats......I have....the fever!!
gig.gif
DH and I were talking about getting a few pygmys....2 or 3. We are also wanting to get a few of the miniature cows. Anyone know anything about them? Can I put the mini cows with my mini goats? They will have about an acre of pasture together....and a large barn....but can they sleep together or will I have to make seperate stalls? We are also wanting to get a few mini donkeys, will they all get along?

Great Pyrenese(sp) are goat guardians, or really any livestock guardians. They do the job well and are big.
They do not chase the goats they guard them and actually live with them.

I am buying a boer nanny and the lady has all of her goats guarded by these big doggies.

You can just check on the web for information on them I have met several of these dogs and they are very friendly.

Arklady

Quote:
4H mom, here is a website that you can look up on the mini cows. They are pricey though. Has anyone stopped to ask themselves, why we are incapable of stopping at just a few animals? Now I'm wanting some goats, but not sure if I have enough room.

Arklady, I agree with you on the GP dogs. I have Newfoundland dogs and they were bred originally from the GP and Great Mastiff. Newfies have the same disposition as the GP. I used to have a GP...rescued from the local shelter. Had to have him put down because his hip dysplagia was so severe. I didn't have 3 grand at the time to fix them cause I can tell you I sure would have.....in a heartbeat!

I think I need therapy.....this living off the grid is very addictive and I'm finding I really enjoy it. Someone at somepoint though is going to have to tell me to stop when it comes to the animals. I just love them all!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom