Any goat lovers out there?

I LOVE Goats! My husband took me to the State Fair the summer before we got married and I fell in love with them. When we started house hunting, we made it a point to find someplace where I would be able to keep goats. Haven't made it to the point of actually owning a goat yet (starting small this spring with chickens and pigs), but hope to eventually!

My wife and I are starting with chickens and rabbitts ourselves. We have the Rabbitts now (netherland dwarfs) I am in the middle of building the coop in my backyard and will soon be fencing in the 1/4 acre in front of my new building.....Its kinda neet the building we bought has a front porch on it and it will look on the fenced area......Should be fun....

Hi, I love goats too. Don't have any yet but I am hoping to get at least a pigmy goat this summer. How are they with chickens? Don't know but I'm going to try it anyway.

I have Myotonics in my immediate future. The perimeter fence is nearly complete, the next step is the goat compound to protect them from predators during the night. A few years ago I had an Angora to keep my old horse company. My husband hated him but I just thought he was the most entertaining creature to have around. Well, not when he'd find a way out of his field and ate the flowers or the time he followed the dogs into the house.

For those considering a single goat, they are not happy campers when they are alone. Might as well get it over with and get two because they are about like chickens, you can never have just one.

I have 11 goats. 6 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 4 Pygmies, and one Nubian. I have babies coming in March! Last year I bottle fed babies from March till October! I hope to have a web site up before the new babies arrive.

We just had twins born last saturday well our goat did. They are so adorable I'm hooked. My husband thinks we are going to sell them. lol If my kids have anyting to do with neither one will be leaving our place. We have one boy and one girl. We picked the mom and dad up at a swap meet. They are suppose to be pygmies.

I'm a goat lover:D. I raise Nigerian Dwarfs, LaManchas, and Mini-Manchas...I started a few years ago, and am loving it!

Dogs and goats usually don't mix well because dogs are predators and goats are prey. Some people keep Nigerians and/or Pygmys in their back yard as long as it is completely fenced, and they have a shelter of some sort. I would be really careful with the dogs, though. What breed are your dogs?

Here is a pic of one of my babies born last Sunday...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/freetorun32/doenumberone.jpg

I recently got some chickens, turkeys and ducks. I have several different breeds, and can't wait to hatch out chicks this spring!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom