hey my goats pregnant any tips and help?

Chickensrule69

Chirping
Feb 26, 2023
Down south
So i’ve been posting about my goat gabby (brown) and she’s been growing slowly over the months and today when i checked her her udders were big and swollen compared to my tan goat faye were going to isolate her from the others this is my first time having goat babies any tips or advice y’all have would be amazing and appreciated thanks!

Hopefully she has her kids without problems. Helps to have a vet you can contact if necessary. You should dip the navels and make sure the kidding area is clean to prevent joint ill. Also watch that she accepts the kid or kids, and that they nurse within the first hour. Occasionally a doe will reject them and try to push them away. Hopefully it's fairly warm where you are at currently.

Hopefully she has her kids without problems. Helps to have a vet you can contact if necessary. You should dip the navels and make sure the kidding area is clean to prevent joint ill. Also watch that she accepts the kid or kids, and that they nurse within the first hour. Occasionally a doe will reject them and try to push them away. Hopefully it's fairly warm where you are at currently.
thanks! she actually had them on the coldest night of the month 😭 that’s how it usually goes but they’re healthy now

Back
Top Bottom