Any good recipes for Cake fillings?

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
I am doing a tiered cake for my daughters bday. I want to use something besides icing between the layers. Does anyone have any good recipes for a filling to use between the layers. I am using mostly buttercream to ice it, and fondant flowers. Thanks

What we do is use pie filling. I know it might sound gross but we use cherry sometimes. So good.
Happy bday to your daughter. Hope others have better suggestions

I really good raspberry jam works well. i have used it in many wedding cakes by request. Warm it up so it thins out then spread it on but use icing to build a dam around the edges first. Give it time to cool and set up to gel a bit before putting on the second layer.

Apricot will work, strawberry, even lemon curd.

Just buy a jar of jam or preserves you really like or a well set jar of homemade.

Plain old pudding is really good too,fast and easy if you buy the can stuff.....cake decorating stores carry bavarian cream you can use too...

Oh pudding is awesome! My dd's got busy in the kitchen last weekend and baked a plain yellow cake. They used vanilla pudding in the middle then mixed a super thick chocolate pudding for icing. It was every bit as good as any boston creme pie ever wanted to be.

Back
Top Bottom