chicks rule

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
SW MO
Alex002.jpg

or this one, got him from the animal shelter
Alex005.jpg

Now I;m shooting in the dark here, but I think the top one looks just like our old SLW. Good luck they are pretty handsome.

I think they are mixed breed. The second one looks nothing like the buttercups I have had in the past. Buttercup males have that big cup shaped comb.

I think the first may be a Black Sex Link, he does have the green tail feathers, My grandson had named him Alexis, until he crowed then he became Alex.

The second one is a banty and has I believe what you would call a rose comb, he is little but that doesn't bother him at all when it comes to the bigger roosters, he will chase my Brown Leghorn roo all over the yard.

I have seven roos and am finding it hard to decide which to keep, so far everything and everyone are getting along. I have six hens laying and eleven that haven't started yet. As of two days ago one hen went broody and has nine eggs under her, I have no idea if they are fertile but we will see.

Quote:
Just the second little guy, was looking on Petfinder.com, at my local shelters and there he was. He was living in town nest door to an officer who worked night shift, guess he didn't appreciate his crowing under his window during the day,
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom