Any guesses on Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, May 21, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Any guesses on this little cutie? Someone yesterday said maybe it might be a Barred Rock? The pic MMH has of BR look much darker and have more yellow patches. Could this maybe be some sort of Blue variety? The pics make it look a little darker than it really is. Thanks for any help [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It is very light in color and I don't see a head spot. Doesn't look like a BR to me.

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Nope no spots on head or body, just a little lighter belly. I think this was the Rare Exotic Chick they sent free with my order.

I have named it Mystery since thats what he/she is at this point lol.

4. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Its hard to tell in the pics, what color are its feet. They look pink/white on the toes, but dark on the side of the leg. Its going to be blue in color whatever it is, but I cant tell what breed....

5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I will have to take a closer look at its feet. I just saw yellow, but now that you mention it, there is grey going down the leg and the toes might be a little lighter. Something Blue would be awesome...well as long as it doesnt turn out to be a he.

6. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    It almost looks like it has a strip of leg feathering, if it does I say LF blue cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by