Any Guesses on Roosters vs Hens? Pic Heavy

jywel417

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Atlanta
My TSC chicks are now about 3 weeks old and one of them is def starting to look roosterish and I am hoping that some of you all who are more experienced in chickens than I am (aka almost everyone
wink.png
) would be willing to give me a few guesses at whether I have hens or roos, or if it is too early to tell. I also am just guessing on breeds so any guesses as to breeds are also greatly appreciated !!! Here are the pics!

Rhode Island Red or Production Red? I think this one is a rooster

DSCF4800.jpg

DSCF4798.jpg

I think this one is a Black Jersey Giant, yellow on the bottom of its feet and a rather heavy, large chick. No clue on male or female tho

DSCF4772.jpg

DSCF4773.jpg

Got this one out of the bantam bin, has muffs and greenish legs so I am assuming that it is an EE bantam, thinking maybe female?

DSCF4834.jpg

DSCF4837.jpg

Think this is a mille fleur d'uccle chick, I know it is hard to photograph, hardly sits still !! Every time it chirps its tail moves! No clue on sex tho

DSCF4945.jpg

DSCF4946.jpg

At first I thought this bantam might have been a silver seabright but it is getting in what appears to me to be a single comb. It is def silver laced, any guesses on breed and/or sex are appreciated here !!!

DSCF4869.jpg

DSCF4860.jpg

DSCF4864.jpg

This is Kowalski, one of the few that has a name. I have no clue what this chick is and have posted pics a few times and haven't gotten any guesses as to it's possible breed. This is another chick that sex and/or breed guesses are greatly appreciated!!! Think he has a rosecomb?

DSCF4874.jpg

DSCF4887.jpg

DSCF4892.jpg

Quote:
I agree with nivtup on the sexing. And that last one looks a lot like a Golden Sebright.

Quote:
I agree with nivtup on the sexing. And that last one looks a lot like a Golden Sebright.

Well . . . .that means possibly 4 roosters and then that would bring my pullet count to 14 . . . .guess that means either rehome a few roosters or get a few more hens . . . . *grin*

Horsefeathers, that is more what I thought originally when I wasposting the pics but I am still so new to the chicken world I wasn't sure how accurate my guesses were. I went to coop today to get more food and some shavings and grabbed a couple more chicks
hmm.png
I'm addicted, yes . . .it is true. They had a golden seabright looking chick so I figured it would be a shame not to have one of each
hmm.png
and then they only had one feather footed baby left and it was rather loud so I figured it could go play with my loud d'uccle chick! Guess we will find out what I have for sure when they start to lay eggs or crow !!!!

Back
Top Bottom