any guesses or all mutts?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Dec 27, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    picked up some cheap chickens off a 2ndhand site, it was a 'mixed lot' so no guarantee there is any purebreeds lol

i got 5 roo's and 5 hens

[​IMG]

silkie feathered hen - so guessing a silkie cross? (but doesnt have walnut comb, or 5 toes)

small size roo - [​IMG]

silkie feathered hen + another white small hen - [​IMG]

teeny tiny roo - is same size as my chabos but definatly not a chabo [​IMG]

bantam sized hen - looks like a bsl - do they come in bantam size?? with what i think is a peking (cochin bantam) [​IMG]

another 2 small roo's - [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Well whatever they are mixed with those top ones are super neat looking! Wow!!!!

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

#1 hen is a silkie mix hen, both parents were probably silkie mixes to get a silkie feathered offspring.
    #2 rooster looks like a favorelle cross. He is really handsome!
    #3 small hen no idea.
    #4 rooster - looks like a belgium booted bantam or a Cochin cross from a Mille Fleur project (this rooster has some bad scaley leg mites, you need to coat his legs in veggie oil or vasoline often and clean them every day or every other day with listerine mouth wash then re-coat with vasoline - this will kill and smother the mites)
    #5 the big hen in back is a cochin/pekin the one in front looks like a BSL like you said, and yes you can make bantam sex links
    #6 looks like a cochin or favorelle cross
    #7 no idea, maybe a booted bantam cross the color and body look like a young belgium MF

4. cochin_kookoo

cochin_kookoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2011
    Ureka, CO
    The last hen looks like a new hampshire hen but with the feathers on the legs I would say she too is a cross. Really beautiful birds tho!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  5. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    well someone lay me a huge white egg in that pen today...seeing as they are all small hens im quite shocked at the size of the egg (its bigger than my australorps and RSL's eggs...!)

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they all look mixed exepct for the cochin...looks like u saved them from a bad place

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by