Any guesses to gender/breed? PICS

aimplus4

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
Louisiana
Hello everyone,
I am new to raising chickens and to BYC. I have found this site very informative and have learned a lot so far. I was wondering if you could help me out with the breed/gender of a few of my babies? The first pics are of Frances whom I thought might be an EE but I thought they had pea combs so not 100% on that theory. She has greenish legs. We got her at TSC and wasn't told what she was or how old. I was hoping for a pullet but as she/he is growing I am thinking roo because of the comb. "She" looked like a chipmunk when we first got "her" and I have become really attached to her even tho she was picked out by my son lol.. Such a sweetheart and loves to be held.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me ;)

These are pics of some chicks I got from a local feed store about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what breed these are. All I know is they are Bantam. I got 3 of them. Any guesses as to breed, color, and gender for these guys? Thanks.

Your EE is most likely a little roo. Watch his shoulders, they'll start sprouting bright red feathers soon if it's true.

The rest of your brood appears to be Mille Fleur D'Uccles. It's a bit early to tell gender, but I see at least two that are suspicious.

ee and by looks of the feathers on the wing bow i would say a cockerel
Hello everyone,
I am new to raising chickens and to BYC. I have found this site very informative and have learned a lot so far. I was wondering if you could help me out with the breed/gender of a few of my babies? The first pics are of Frances whom I thought might be an EE but I thought they had pea combs so not 100% on that theory. She has greenish legs. We got her at TSC and wasn't told what she was or how old. I was hoping for a pullet but as she/he is growing I am thinking roo because of the comb. "She" looked like a chipmunk when we first got "her" and I have become really attached to her even tho she was picked out by my son lol.. Such a sweetheart and loves to be held.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me ;)

the 2nd group the first pic is of a millie fleur d'uccle cockerel as for the 2nd one im not sure i dont see a beard on it to be a salmon fav...

First little one I'm going with EE and roo. His legs are MUCH larger than those on my pullets and he just carries himself different. The other bantams I don't have any idea . . .

The 1st one is definitely an EE cockerel. The 2nd is a Millie Fleur d'Uccle cockerel, and the 3rd one I'm really not to sure on. It could be a Salmon Fav cockerel.

Thanks guys for the replies so far! Rats!!! What am I gonna do with all these cockerels?? LOL I love them but really need some more hens..... If I have more than one cockerel wouldn't they all fight??

EE cockeral for the first one, I have his twin
Theo at 1 week:

Theo at 6 weeks:

The second one is a Mille Fleur Bearded D'uccle
Third looks like a D'uccle to me also, not sure what color. Very very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom