Any hatcheries sell pullets 4+ weeks old?

blackacres

Wrangler of the Tiny Raptors
Oct 10, 2021
Topeka, KS
I recently started my flock of 13 with a straight run mix. They’re all now 9/10 weeks old and after rehoming 3, I still have 7 roosters. While I’m finding placement for at least 5 of them, I’m desperate for pullets.
Does anyone know what hatcheries sell birds that are at least 4 weeks old? I’m good with brooding them for a few weeks until they’re size comparable to my current birds, but not looking to start with day olds this late in the season. Help please!

Does anyone know what hatcheries sell birds that are at least 4 weeks old? I’m good with brooding them for a few weeks until they’re size comparable to my current birds, but not looking to start with day olds this late in the season. Help please!
You could try here:
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/started_pullets.html

They are sold out of 4-week-old chicks, but they do have ones 15-22 weeks old.
I'm seeing prices up to $30 each, and then you still have to pay shipping, but they are old enough that the sexing sure ought to be accurate!

The price sounds high, but it would save you the brooding, and all those weeks of feeding them, so you could add up the costs and decide whether it's a good deal for you or not.

(I have no personal experience with ordering started pullets, but I've thought about it a few times.)

I recently started my flock of 13 with a straight run mix. They’re all now 9/10 weeks old and after rehoming 3, I still have 7 roosters. While I’m finding placement for at least 5 of them, I’m desperate for pullets.
Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom