Any help would be awesome!!! My silkies and sizzles are making me nuts

speakup4kids

Songster
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Yuba City , CA
I swear, just when I decide one of these guys is a gal, I decide it's a guy... or vice versa! Hopefully some of you byc'ers can help me out!
smile.png

The white silkies and the cochin are the youngest... (born Last week in June) The buff silkie and the two sizzles are about six weeks older.
smile.png

53071_img_0051.jpg

53071_img_0054.jpg

This guy has no comb to speak of, but man does he glare!! (doesn't that automatically make him a roo?)
wink.png

53071_img_0056.jpg

white silkie #1
53071_img_0091.jpg

white silkie #2 and buff
53071_img_0060.jpg

53071_img_0055.jpg

Smooth sizzle
53071_img_0063.jpg

sizzle
53071_img_0080.jpg

53071_img_0101.jpg

cochin
53071_img_0099.jpg

sweet chickens, I love the sizzles! but I'm no good at sexing them. I had a silkie and couldn't decide if it was a hen or a roo until he started crowing. I have another silkie that looks exactly like him, but she lays eggs. Good luck.

The first two silkies buff and white look like roos, white silkie number two looks like a hen as does the smooth sizzle, the sizzle I have no idea!?
tongue.png
the cochin is a hen and I'm 100% sure on that one!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the replies! That buff has been driving me crazy! I'm pretty sure he's a roo... He used to make this really weird noise all the time when I had my polishx roo who crowed ALL THE TIME! When I rehomed the roo the sound stopped so I guess my buff (princess, renamed prince)
smile.png
decided there was no competition so he didn't need to be obnoxious anymore. I didn't have a clue about the cochin, never had one before so thank you
bow.gif
for helping out with her. I am so happy to have at least one girl!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom