Any help would be great.

jdsbabygirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Island Falls, ME
So I went to my local tractor supply store an picked up what I was told were barred rocks. They are now almost four weeks old. I have five that are pretty black an white. An two the a much darker. Does this mean I have two different breads or is it the difference between a boy an girl? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barred Rock cockerels are lighter than pullets. The first chick is a BR cockerel and the second picture is a Cuckoo Maran, looks like a cockerel too. Could you get a comb picture of the second chick?

So I went to my local tractor supply store an picked up what I was told were barred rocks. They are now almost four weeks old. I have five that are pretty black an white. An two the a much darker. Does this mean I have two different breads or is it the difference between a boy an girl? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not 100%, but they say the darker they are is a sign of pullets. Also they say at about 5-6 weeks the cockerels should be developing their combs. Sorry not to be much help. Ask Donrae, she is good at telling these things.

Back
Top Bottom