any help?

duckiefanatic

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 1, 2012
Northern Indiana
how do I get my ducks to lay eggs again? they were in a 10 by 10 building but they werent able to get out they laid about 4 eggs a day. now we brought them out to a new building that is 4 by 4 but has a fenced in area that they get let into every morning and put up at night. now they arent laying any. is it becuse there is no where to lay them? I have 5 ducks 4 females and 1 male.

welcome-byc.gif

There could be a few things going on. One is that change can disrupt laying. Another is that they have found a place to hide their eggs. Then there could be something else going on at the same time that has nothing to do with the move.

It gets interesting sometimes.

Good that they are getting some outside time. If you can upload photo's of your ducks, that would be fun for the rest of us.
wink.png

how do I get my ducks to lay eggs again? they were in a 10 by 10 building but they werent able to get out they laid about 4 eggs a day. now we brought them out to a new building that is 4 by 4 but has a fenced in area that they get let into every morning and put up at night. now they arent laying any. is it becuse there is no where to lay them? I have 5 ducks 4 females and 1 male.
You don't say where you are located either which can make a difference in laying, and what breed. and if they have a 4X4 building they should have plenty of space to lay especially if you give them fluffy shaving or straw to nest in. And they could just need to get use to their new digs as Amiga says. Shorter daylight hours means less eggs or no eggs for some breeds. I have Muscovies so it means no eggs for me very soon. AND
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom