Any hope for this cross beak baby? Pic included

I say if your chick has made it this far, she deserves a chance. If all it needs is a deeper feed & water dish then offer it to her. If she was too cross beaked to eat & drink she would have died before now. I would just watch it closely for the next few days and weeks. If she is able to put on some weight and grow then great. Sometimes the chicks that need a little extra special care turn out to be one of the favorites. If you decide that she isn't doing well then cull, but I would only do that as a last resort. Good Luck!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It sounds like you ARE doing the right thing. You are letting her live and taking good care of her. You care for her and she and we appreciate who you are. You are a good person. There are times these birds can grow up, but it's rare and they require lots of extra attention. Be ready and steel yourself to what may likely have to be done. We all can see that you won't hurt her by neglect. Just be ready to do the right thing if she starts to show signs of suffering.
Sorry Dear,
hugs.gif

Quote:
i agree it will be sad but better than her starving to death
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
Okay guys. Sorry, this is the same chick, but I forgot my password for my other account, and the email is gone. Ebony is five weeks old! And doing okay. Little underweight, but eating and drinking nonetheless. She has developed a tan chest, and her sis- ahem- brother, Speckles is a true beaut. Speckles needs a home DX. He has a black head, black tail, and black feathers on his feet. The rest is tan. Dori is brown all over, and I think she is the only girl.... Will post pics of the darlings as soon as I get my camera back.

Back
Top Bottom