Any housekeeping helpful hints? I have one.....Share yours too!

GretaGarboFirst

Songster
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Massachusetts
I was cleaning out my garage and found some old badmitton rackets. Now I use them to bat the poop from the coop into a leftover bucket that held cat litter. It has made my morning cleanup quicker and easier. How about you? any tips?

Howdy GretaGarboFirst

I have a couple.

While I am not recommending this for large areas of anyone’s garden or where the chickens may range; the following is fantastic for killing those hard to get to weeds between pavers, joins in the concrete etc.

Fill up a spray bottle with the cheapest vinegar you can get + 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of the cheapest [no label] dishwashing detergent you can get .. shake … spray on weeds.

If used on a sunny day, the weeds are dead within hours.

Having fussy bantams, I used to spend many minutes chopping up vegetables or meat for them with scissors. My food processor was too big for such small amounts but I saw this little mini-chopper [$15 Australian] and it is my new best friend .. handles small amounts easily, is easy to clean, takes up no room on the bench and rather than many minutes, 15 seconds and scraps are bantam ready!

Photographed next to a small bottle of milk to demonstrate size.

Back
Top Bottom