Any idea about these little peeps?

RaincoastChickens

Hatching
8 Years
May 28, 2011
I'm only keeping 3 chickens total, so I need to find out if these are little boys or girls? One of them went er-er-er-er-errrrrrrrrrr quite a while ago... but nothin' since.

My chicken album

Last edited:
Are you trying to figure out the breed of the little black ones? Idk if you are looking for breed type or just sex, but they look very similar to my little black australorp pullets. However that being said, I am very new to the chicken thing so I could be way wrong!
smile.png
Hope someone with some real chicken knowledge can help you out! They are cute!
smile.png

One has a bigger comb and waddle that is much redder than the other 5. But other than that they all look the same to us. (These are chickens my Orpington hatched and yes, they are black australorps) My mom, the OP, is keeping 3 of them and I am taking 4 f them back to stay with my 7. We can't keep roosters in the city, but I am going to hang on to any roos as long as I can. We are just trying to figure out what gender they are so they don't have to end up moving around too many times.

Last edited:
I think the one in #11 and the one on the right in #18 might be cockerels (or a cockerel, if they're the same bird). I can't see any others that look roo-ish.

How old are these chicks? I see a couple that have a little more pink in the comb, and a couple that have a roosterish stance, but nothing definitive.

Oh, and I LOVE the pic with the cat!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom