5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Chick 6

Chick 5 has the longest neck I've ever seen and the most feathered feet....I call him/her Frodo lol.
Thanks for your help

I could very well be wrong, but here's my best guesses:
Chick one looks like an Americana
Chicks two and three... I can't even begin to guess
Chick four looks like some of ours that are a cross between Buff Orpington and Americana (maybe even something else, because neither of those breeds has white feathers. But we have some chickens that look just like chick four, and we know the mom was mainly Buff Orpington and the dad was mainly Americana. We're not sure if another type of breed was snuck into their genetics somewhere up the line)
Chicks five and six could be some type of Silkie. I know it's common for a Silkie to have feathered toes like that and varied markings.

Thanks for your guesses. I know time will tell, but I want to know now lol!! :-D

Chick 1
What type of comb does it have? If a single comb, it is probably a Black Breasted Red Old English Game or a Light Brown Leghorn. If a pea comb (you probably won't be able to see much comb right now if that is the case), it is probably an Easter Egger.

Chick 2

Maybe a Black Cochin. A clearer side-profile photo would help.

Chick 3
Same as above.

Chick 4

Does it look like a bantam to you in terms of size? I would say it is a Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam.

Chick 5

Need a clearer photo. Some type of Cochin, though.

Chick 6
Probably a Partridge Cochin.

Chick 5 has the longest neck I've ever seen and the most feathered feet....I call him/her Frodo lol.
Thanks for your help

They all came from an assorted bantam bin at tractor supply. Thank you for your guesses. I have looked up the black tailed Japanese bantam. Looks right to me :)

Back
Top Bottom