Any idea on breeds of these guys??? 4/16 Lots of new pics. Please help

Ok, the duckies are now 5 weeks and starting to feather out. I took some new pictures of them in hopes that I can possibly get some more breed guesses. Most of them seem to be feathering out kind of brownish, but some of them have bars on their feathers. Any new guesses?
1-5.jpg
10.jpg
11-2.jpg

12-3.jpg
2-7.jpg
3-4.jpg

4-4.jpg
5-5.jpg
6-3.jpg

7.jpg
8-1.jpg
9-1.jpg

that last pic kinds looks like a saxony. here's a pic of one:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2684839831_d0a62595c1.jpg?v=0

The rest look like maybe saxony/rouen/buff crosses? I am not sure.

They are def not buffs.... And that all brown one doesn't look like a khaki.

The person who sold them to you seems a bit shifty, because they def. don't look anything like pure bred buffs.

Did the person who sold them to you have other duck breeds? They are most likely crosses of some sort... Knowing what other breeds the seller had might narrow it down.

I have never seen buffs in their teenager stage. I do know my 1 week old buff mix still has the eye striping it had as a baby.

These ducks look to be a little older than yours..
juvenile_buffs_lg.jpg

Those could very well be pure bred buffs.

Quote:
For a "general purpose" non show standard back-yard type bird no. There is a wide variability in what comes out of pure blooded animals - hence strict breed standards & heavy culling to maintain those standards. I know a woman once with an AKC Pomeranian out of decent lines that reached fourty pounds. It was a throw back. I saw a pure white Jacobs lamb in a flock with impeccable blood lines. Rhat is part of the fun in breeding to a standard. If they all came out cookie cutter there would be no challenge. PLEASE note this is JMO.

That makes perfect sense, thanks! I actually breed and show chihuahuas. In my last litter out of a 2.5 lb male, and 4 lb female I had a puppy tracking to weigh around 7 pounds with horrible conformation (sold on a netuter agreement obviously) so I completely understand throwbacks that come out of nowhere!

Back
Top Bottom