Any Idea on what breeds I have? *Pics*

Keisha

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Iowa
I hatched some of them, I got the eggs from a swap. There were white silkies and assorted bamtams. I got 6 or so from a lady who has a ton of chicks, but those are mixes. I bought 12 laying breeds from my hatchery- some I know are barred rocks. THe other ones are either Rhode Island Reds or Hardy Concords, I dont know which. The hatchery had also bought eggs from mcmurray and hatched them. They were from the rarest of the rare assortment. I've only got some pictures of them now, I'll try and get more on later.

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/rarest_of_rare_assortment.html
The breeds that could be included in that are : "Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish?"

This is what the ones from my local hatchery look like. They have to be either Hardy concords or RIR because thats what he has.

ChicksMay09014.jpg

ChicksMay09013.jpg

The next ones are from mcmurray rarest of the rare assortment.
Hes very small, definitly some type of bantam. No feather on the feet.
ChicksMay09016.jpg

ChicksMay09015.jpg

Feathered feet.
ChicksMay09011.jpg

ChicksMay09007.jpg

ChicksMay09012.jpg

This one has a realy cool pattern on his back.
ChicksMay09024.jpg

ChicksMay09025.jpg

ChicksMay09026.jpg

ChicksMay09023.jpg

ChicksMay09018.jpg

ChicksMay09017.jpg

ChicksMay09019.jpg

ChicksMay09020.jpg

Any Gueses?

Thanks

Last edited:
#3 looks like my Black Cochin chicks looked when I first got them. If not black, it could possibly be blue--but my blues that I received from McMurray just yesterday are a bit lighter in color.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom