Any idea what’s going on with this egg?

My2butterflies

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
Info on the egg.
Guinea egg, picture taken last night day 23. I took this egg from a communal nest I found. No idea how old any of the eggs were, but there was 50 or so eggs in the nest. I picked random eggs From the bunch to incubate. No guinea hens were broody so no eggs showed development before incubation. I locked them all down this morning since one looks to have internally pipped with another looking close.
This is the egg in question.
9160E2D5-BE72-4A17-ADCB-80C2C33942B7.png

I’ve only hatched eggs a couple times and none have looked like this. Is this still considered normal?
Is that little blob poop that you normally see on the pointy end? Does this mean it won’t be in the right position to hatch?
Anything I should be watching out for with this one?

The egg has died; discard it. Such eggs, left in the incubator are likely to explode as gasses build up inside. But since you have locked down you might want to leave it until the hatch is complete.

Hope for the best then as I can't explain the movement you see without seeing it myself. I hope I am wrong in my assessment. Good luck and please post if the egg hatches. When eggs go DIS and decompose sometimes they seem to move. Again, I do hope I'm wrong and please post it if I am.

Hope for the best then as I can't explain the movement you see without seeing it myself. I hope I am wrong in my assessment. Good luck and please post if the egg hatches. When eggs go DIS and decompose sometimes they seem to move. Again, I do hope I'm wrong and please post it if I am.

I’ll try making a video of it later. It was definitely moving around a lot. Just such a weird air cell.
And thank you, I do hope it hatches!

I had some eggs look like that and they were malpositioned. It will probably pip in the wrong end but most chicks still hatch fine regardless. If they pip the wrong end I sometimes open it up a little bit for them from the pip point. They take longer to hatch out when they pip in the wrong end.

Back
Top Bottom