Any idea what breed?

danielleashlee

In the Brooder
May 23, 2019
Thrown off by the dark beak. Does anyone know what kind of duck this is?

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpeg
    IMG_1899.jpeg
    450.1 KB · Views: 8
We found it at a small pond all alone and cold, looked to be only a day or 2 old, we watched for an hour and no other ducks were anywhere to be found. Called the wildlife center and they said it wouldn't make it if we left it there. It's the sweetest thing, we are looking for a friend for it, or a new home but we are already so attached.

We found it at a small pond all alone and cold, looked to be only a day or 2 old, we watched for an hour and no other ducks were anywhere to be found. Called the wildlife center and they said it wouldn't make it if we left it there. It's the sweetest thing, we are looking for a friend for it, or a new home but we are already so attached.
probably a domestic duck mated with a wild duck,

So sad :hmm I would never dump a bird, even if it was a rooster I didn't want. It's irresponsible.
It is because there is a duck trend, can confirm because I am a victim of it. Sister wanted ducks, but did not realize there had to be any responsibility, so now I am the only one who cares for ours. She planned on just letting them go, which seems to be the popular choice

Back
Top Bottom