Any idea what I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenni22776rn, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    These ladies are about 9 weeks old..I thought they were all BSL but one had yellow feet and all of them have green tinting on their feathering...any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think one may be a BA but again they are looking nothing like the other bsl I have seen..any ideas?

2. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    What is a BSL and what is a BA?

3. jenni22776rn

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Did I not say it right..is it black sex link(BSL) and black australorp (BA) sorry I might have said it wrong...

4. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    No thats how a lot of people put it then there is a BJG Black Jersy Giant, EE: Easter Eggers or GLW golden laced wyandotte

I do not think the last one is a Ba might be BJG I not sure what the first one is but it's not a BSL

5. Henk69

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    BA could be blue araucana, buff ameraucana. BSL could be blue silver laced, etc...
    These abbreviations are stpd... [​IMG]

6. jenni22776rn

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Quote:Oh..never thought about those...good point!! I am so not good abbreviations when it comes to chickens...there are just too many breeds! [​IMG] lol!!

7. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Are they from a hatchery? They look like mixes to me.

And just my $.02 here, but it was obvious to me what you meant by ba and bsl and a perfectly good use of the abreviation. I certainly didn't think you honestly thought one of those chooks was a buff anything [​IMG]

8. jenni22776rn

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    I bought them from TSC this spring from a bin labeled assorted pullets...I really have no idea what I could possibly have. I also got 3 white ones that look like white leghorns...this was the first year I bought from them and will not do it again..not saying they are a bad place to get chicks...but I was too eager for chicks and bought without knowing what it was I was buying! I love them no matter what they are but I was hoping they were BA cause I love my adult BA miss Bella! Although I may find myself becoming a Silkie chicken mom from now on...I just got my first 2 little silkies and LOVE them!! lol!!! [​IMG]

9. Henk69

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Quote:Oh..never thought about those...good point!! I am so not good abbreviations when it comes to chickens...there are just too many breeds! [​IMG] lol!!

No, you followed this board's protocol correctly... [​IMG]
    I was addressing the entire community [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by