Any idea what is killing my hens....?

I have netting covering my pens which are 60 ft x 200 ft. Since I put the netting up nothing has tried to go over the fences. I also have electric wire going around my coops and pens, concrete under the gates and the netting covering the pens.View attachment 1787335
Yep, a good hotwire setup makes netting quite effective by keeping potential climbers from making the netting an issue for all but aerial predators

You obviously must get no snow? Snow brings down any netting here. :hmm
No I don't get any snow but the netting is 2" x 2". If I did get snow I would go out and shake the snow off of it. I'm originally from Traverse City Michigan but have been in Florida most of my life. About 50 years ago when I was in my 20's I had chickens in Michigan but then moved to Florida.
Netting.jpg

Last edited:
No I don't get any snow but the netting is 2" x 2". If I did get snow I would go out and shake the snow off of it. I'm originally from Traverse City Michigan but have been in Florida most of my life. About 50 years ago when I was in my 20's I had chickens in Michigan but then moved to Florida.
View attachment 1787738
The snow that brings down netting is that wet heavy snow that sticks to everything. I have tried to shake it off, it's a fruitless endeavor that leaves me exhausted because it needs to be done repeatedly usually. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom