Any idea what these are?

ashlierami

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 9, 2017
Alabama
I just took 2 chicks in today. I'm.not sure about their ege or breed does anyone have an thoughts?
IMG_20181028_164555143_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20181028_164739004_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181028_164429507.jpg

It appears they're both mixed breeds. :) As for age, I'd guess around 5-7 weeks, give or take some?

~Alex
I have them quarantined since I have other birds. I noticed one is sneezing and sounds congested. The one that has these symptoms isn't acting ill. They come from Columbus Georgia and I live in North Alabama. Could it be due to the climate difference? Should I start a medication? I'm definitely afraid to let the chicks around my original birds due to this I don't want any sick birds.

I have them quarantined since I have other birds. I noticed one is sneezing and sounds congested. The one that has these symptoms isn't acting ill. They come from Columbus Georgia and I live in North Alabama. Could it be due to the climate difference? Should I start a medication? I'm definitely afraid to let the chicks around my original birds due to this I don't want any sick birds.
You may want to consider posting a thread in the "Emergencies/Diseases/ Injuries and Cures" section of BYC for the best answers. :) I personally wouldn't immediately jump into meds unless I knew with certainty my birds were sick (showing visible signs of illness/feeling poorly). However, others might feel differently, namely the medically-savvy members. In the meantime, quarantine is your best bet.

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom