Any idea what these May be?=)

aprild78

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
Washington state
Hi! We just got four chicks Saturday (two of each breed pictured). I was told that they are all egg layers, but a friend thinks at least some are roosters. I have no idea what they are and what age or sex. We are first time chicken owners and
Any help is very appreciated. Thanks so much!

It looks to me as if the top bird has white legs and the bottom one has yellow legs; is that true, or is it a trick of the light?

If it is true, then the top one is a Buff Orpington and the bottom one looks to be a Buff Plymouth Rock. Neither scream male to me right now, but they are still a bit young for definitive sexing.

It looks to me as if the top bird has white legs and the bottom one has yellow legs; is that true, or is it a trick of the light?

If it is true, then the top one is a Buff Orpington and the bottom one looks to be a Buff Plymouth Rock. Neither scream male to me right now, but they are still a bit young for definitive sexing.
I agree. It will be easier to tell their gender when they are more feathered in and at least 10 weeks of age.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! The yellow ones are so much calmer than the other ones too. My daughter's (ages 6 and 8) love them and have named their chicks Taylor swift and Katy Perry lol! :)

Back
Top Bottom