Any idea where to get Duck paraphernalia?

maralynn28

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
I thought there were supposed to be a lot of duck lover websites? I posted about my daughter's "missing" duck which ended up probably being a raccoon attack. While my daughter has recovered and seems to be happy spending time with the other ducks, she still talks about her lost one and I can tell she missed her a lot. For christmas I was thinking of getting her a duck stuffed animal, statue, or other type of decoration for her to have as a memory of her lost duck friend. Problem is, all duck things I find are mallard, pekin, yellow/ rubber kind or when I search for black duck I get Daffy. I also found a black rubber duck but it had x's for eyes, which although would be very fitting, it's a bit insensitive.
sad.png

Any idea where I can get a nice black duck decoration for my daughter for Christmas? Preferably something she can cuddle with at night, soft would be nice, but if it were even a statue or pretty decorative decoy I would be happy. TIA

We have a really cute black cast iron duck. It's definitely not cuddly being cast iron and all, but it's at least a black duck! We bought it in Whistler, though, and I haven't seen it since.

I did a search for "cast iron duck" on Google shopping, and there is one readily available (not the same one as ours).

I had "Got Call Ducks?" bumper stickers and T-shirts made by someone on Ebay, I'm sure you could find someone/something on there.

I wish I could help you. It would be nice if they had stuffed ducks in all different breeds. If anyone's into sewing and toy design, this would be a good market to branch into.

You know, with modern technology & 3-D imaging and all, someone really ought to build an online way to design your own stuffed animals and have them manufactured and delivered. We can't be very far out from the technology to be able to do that cost-effectively. Surely you're not the only person who wants a very specific type of cuddly pet & can't find it anywhere.

Sorry about dd's little ducky friend. Loss is hard to come to terms with at any age.
sad.png

Do you have any pictures of your daughter's duck? What kind of duck was it?

I also have a friend who can take a picture of a duck, and she etches them onto pendants that can be worn. This might be s good idea for your daughter.

Last edited:
Etsy may be a good place to look for such a critter. Some people on Etsy take custom orders and you could have someone who does amigurumi or other crocheted stuffed critters make her a black duck. Or you could have someone sew her a black duck. What kind of a duck was it that she lost? A cayuga?

If shes old enough a sterling silver duck charm she could wear on a chain might be a nice gift, I saw a lot of really cute ones on ebay just searching for "sterling duck charm".

Back
Top Bottom