Any ideas about this breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tukko, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Tukko

Tukko New Egg

Oct 23, 2009
    Gwinnett Co, GA
    Good afternoon everybody. Was just wondering if anybody could identify the possible breed of this chicken. He was my pet in the philippines and was very well tempered and I would like to possible get another one of the same breed. The pictures are a little bit blurry, but hopefully it will still give enought to identify him. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a pullet up in the box that had gone broody and was sitting on a few eggs, not sure about her breed either but don't have any good pictures of her to get an identification on.

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I have no idea what breed he is, but was he mooning us in one of those pictures?

3. Tukko

Tukko New Egg

Oct 23, 2009
    Gwinnett Co, GA
    nah, dont think he was trying to moon us. If i remember right he was trying to roost up for the night when another baby chicken tried to crawl up under him, maybe the small one was confused about who its mother was.

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    My first guess would be some variety of Old English Game Banty.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He looks like a crossbreed to me, but not really positive. Welcome to BYC! I moved up to the mtns from Gwinnett County seven years ago. Lived in Lilburn and Dacula and my son lives in Grayson.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by