Any ideas for good teacher gifts??

Make sure you include a hand-written thank you note to the teacher. Sometimes, just knowing that you're appreciated and why means so much more than a gift.
smile.png

I was a teacher and am now a parent to a 2nd grader, 1st grader, kindergartner, and soon-to-be pre-k. I have found that the Vera Bradley lunch totes are like the BEST gifts to give teachers! All of my children's teachers ADORE them and actually USE them. You can buy them pretty cheap on e-bay. I got one new with tags for $12! I have also bought the Vera Bradley pencils, markers, etc and they have honestly LOVED them! Again, you can get these cheaper on e-bay! One thing I stay away from are teacher mugs and plaques and such...while thoughtful, they just become clutter as you tend to get too many over the years!

My wife does things for the teachers throughout the year. She volunteers about 15-20 hrs a week at the school and she gets a feel for what the teachers are in need of. She buy's quite bit from http://www.orientaltrading.com . lots of good deals on bulk items like 144 eraser pencil tops for $3.99 or a 200pc colored marker set - 8 colors, 25 ea color for $37.99. You can also get them a gift card for them to use on whatever they want.

Your right, teachers are being asked more and more to supply the materiels to do their job.

Last edited:
OK, I am responding as a teacher - - -

My favorite gifts have been - - -

1.) Gift cards to Bath and body works
2.) Gift cards that are mastercard / visa cards that are good anywhere
( These gifts are practical if you don't know the teacher's fav things)

3.) My students knew me very well last year and a few went in together to get me a diet soda, a box of pastries and a flower bouquet.
( This was the most favorite gift because it was my favs and they knew it)

4.) A small basket with movie size candy boxes, microwave popcorn, and gift certificates to block buster in it.
A small note saying thank you for a nice job and relax over the summer finisihes this gift off.

5.) Gift certificate to a spa to get a pedicure or manicure - - if you notice that she has her nails done on a regular basis.

I gave each of our teachers $20 gift certificates to Barnes & Noble. It was a hit! I would have given more, but x4 teachers adds up.

For teacher appreciation day, we gave potted flowers.

What about something all teachers need and deserve? A gift certificate for a massage, facial, mani, pedi,(although those are a bit personal I have never met a woman that would not appreciate one) a new book bag to carry her supply's to class, a gift basket (I make mine from little odd's and ends I find at the dollar store!), I'm trying to keep my ideas around 30 bucks or less.... ummm I'll be back if I think of anything else....

This has been said, but my best friend is a teacher and she is constantly spending money she doesn't have on school supplies and things for school projects. I always give her gift cards to Staples or a craft supply store, etc. She loves it. The best give you can give a caring teacher is a gift that will help his/her students.

Back
Top Bottom