Any Ideas for my shed?? going to make it into a coop..(PICS)

Turn it into a chicken coop??
big_smile.png

Ideas as in... What?

I could think of any number of things.

I kind of have a small backyard, and I was thinking about the left side of the shed be the coop, now do I have nest boxes on floor height or mid hieght of the shed? there is a counter running along the left side with a window at the mid height level or should i put there nest on floor level?

We split ours into two and have two separate runs going off of it so that we can separate the babes from the big kids. Also left an area up front inside that is just for brooding chickys.

i'm making a shed into a coop also. I bought a $20 ready made screen door that i'm gonna cover with hardware cloth wire for added ventilation and predator proof. My roosts are a little less than three feet high, birds jump right up to it and like to look out the windows which i also covered with hardware cloth, my nest boxes are about 1.5 ft. off the ground. Gonna insulate mine before winter. Do some surfing here you'll have lots of ideas and many more questions! lol

You mention your yard is small - how many chickens do you plan to keep?

I like the idea of using the left side and putting nest boxes mid-height.
Would the right side be used for storage?

That's a really nice shed you have there, and it should make a great coop. I would make sure to add ventilation in addition to the windows. A nice pop door out to the run, nest boxes, roosts, and you should be good to go.

If you're going to split it in half, one side for storage and one for chickens, you should put a solid divider to protect your stored items from dust and any attracted bugs/rodents.

Back
Top Bottom