Any ideas on breeds?

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Does anyone have any ideas on the breeds of these chicks? They were packing peanuts with an order of OEGB from Ideal. There a 6 like the lighter ones and only 1 darker one. The darker one has stripes. The lighter ones seem to be getting buff wing feathers.
hu.gif

packingpeanuts2.jpg

stripes on darker one

packingpeanuts3.jpg

packingpeanuts4.jpg

Look like Golden Comets to me...the one's with stripes are females and the light colored ones are males. I LOVE my golden comets! Great layers and SO docile!!!

The buff ones look like my Buff Orpingtons did and the striped one looks like my Gold laced Wyandotte did.

The buff ones are developing buff colored feathers on their wings. Do RIR and Production Red chicks have buff colored wing feathers? I would love for one to be a Buff Orpington roo, I would keep it.

I'm pretty sure when my RIRs feathered in they were dirty red striped. Make since? They feathered out nice and red, but were kind of stirpy back as chicks.

Peanuts at Ideal are roosters. It eveny says so in their emails so I think you have two different breeds but all roosters.

I have an order coming this week from them so I bet since my order was small there'll be roos in mine too.

Back
Top Bottom