Any ideas on what breed these might be? (image intensive...sorry)

BorealisChick71

In the Brooder
May 4, 2015
Willow, AK
On April 13th, my DH and I ordered, 25 chicks from Murray McMurray Hatchery. We had to wait till May 11th for them to arrive. We ordered 1 Dark Brahma roo, 2 Light Brahma pullets, chicken math suddenly struck and I opted to order 4 more Light Brahma's, but a straight run of these, I also ordered 1 Partridge Plymouth Rock roo, and 2 Partridge Plymouth Rock pullets, and to top things off, we ordered MMH's Meat and Egg combo consisting of 15 birds, when I ordered, I had assumed it would be a 10-5 split, with 10 Cornish x's, and 5 random egg layers, but what we got, was 8 Cornish, and 7 random eggers. They also threw in an extra Partridge Plymouth Rock roo (just for good measure i guess?). So of the 7 random eggers, I have identified that two of them also Partridge Plymouth Rock's, there are also 2 that I believe to be EE's (cute little chipmunks, that remind me of the ameraucana's we had when i was a kid). Then there are these 3 that i have not identified....Two are this rather silvery grey sort of color, with little dark masks, and their shanks are a darker hue, and the other is a little buff...something.. The little silvery ones, I think MIGHT be Blue Andalusians, since their feathers appear to be coming in rather blue-ish in hue, my other thought had been that maybe they were white giants, but I would assume, that if that were the case, they would be growing out white wing feathers, not blue ones. The buff has no feathers on its shanks or toes, but has some dark/black-ish marks on its wing feathers. Look as I might, I don't see this trait in Buff Orpington's, so I thought maybe a Buff Plymouth Rock? Any help would be greatly appreciated......and sorry for the quality of the photos....working with an old phone that is tempermental at best..

the two silvery ones, DH calls them Hanz and Franz (like the SNL skit from the 80's)...he says they look like they're wearing little grey sweat suits...

and the buff..

Thanks again for any help in identifying what breed they might be
big_smile.png

Buff is not an Orpington because feet are not white.
Thanks, I was thinking it was probably NOT an Orpington, though for other reasons. I am thinking it might be a Buff Plymouth Rock? My other thought was perhaps a Buff Minorca, but it is a VERY large chick. So I am thinking probably Rock. Thanks for your assistance. :)

Back
Top Bottom