Any Kombucha brewers and drinkers

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
We moved to a new house two years ago. Made wonderful friends with our new neighbors, and they turned me onto kombucha. I've been brewing my own for about 8 months now and enjoy one every day! I've got a 3 gal Mason jar that I brew in, depending on how much i have in the fridge. I make a batch of 1 to 3 gallons every 14-20 days. Right now I got sassafras kombucha in its 2nd fermentation. And blueberry and pineapple still in my fridge.
20180516_162350.jpg
20180516_162344.jpg
20180516_162404.jpg

Awesome! One of my relatives has a business called Tofino Kombucha that is so good if you're ever interested in buying some, but yours looks pretty great too! I hope you enjoy your drinks! :)

I've never tried it as it hasnt' really caught on over here much - not sure you cna evne buy a bottle of it! I am interested for the health benefits. Ironically the lady I bought my chick eggs from had one on the side (she got her starter from her daughter who lives in Canada) and she gave me some SCOBY. I think I killed it as I wasn't very well and didn't have time to read up on it all so just put it in the fridge for a month - ekkk. I read up and decided to give it a go as there was no mould / bad smell etc so currently have it on the side but it doesn't appear to be doing anything (temp is very lower limit though in my house). i will just have to wait and see! Your's looks amazing!

The first time is kinda weird, you worry if its working and stuff. The scoby will get stronger with each batch. So just stick with it. Its been so great for my family. We stopped buying pop and only drink kombucha and water! We feel so much better!

The first time is kinda weird, you worry if its working and stuff. The scoby will get stronger with each batch. So just stick with it. Its been so great for my family. We stopped buying pop and only drink kombucha and water! We feel so much better!
Sorry I didnt' see an alert for your reply! I think it was just really slow because it was so cold. Things have warmed up a bit the last couple of weeks and today J noticed that there was some thing happening (floaty stuff and a new scoby thing forming on top). We decided to try it and it was yum - weird but yum! So what do I do now just empty my drink dispenser into a bottle and start again?

Sorry I didnt' see an alert for your reply! I think it was just really slow because it was so cold. Things have warmed up a bit the last couple of weeks and today J noticed that there was some thing happening (floaty stuff and a new scoby thing forming on top). We decided to try it and it was yum - weird but yum! So what do I do now just empty my drink dispenser into a bottle and start again?
Yeah it takes longer in the cold. And Yes put some fruit in the bottom of a swing top bottle. Top them off with kombucha. Leave them sealed on the counter top for 3 to 5 days and then refrigerate this is called the second ferment. Save 1 cup of kombucha to start the next gallon of kombucha! I just did two gallons of one I'm calling fruit punch because of the color. It's got pineapple, peaches, strawberries and blueberries all chopped up mixed together, then I put two tbsp of the fruit mix in each bottle
20180614_175915.jpg

Thanks for that I'll try the fruit for my next one. I got the bottle worth I'd made out and did the 2nd ferment but it didn't go fizzy - I hope it is OK!

Back
Top Bottom