Any letterboxers on here?

Very cool!
smile.png

After reading this thread I checked out the letterboxing site. I do not have a GPS, so letterboxing is great. There are only a few boxes near me, but I had to check them out. I bought the stamp carving stuff. I have done fat and ice sculpture, so I figured I could carve a rubber stamp. Turns out I am really good at carving. Might try to make and sell stamps at the crafters market my family sells at. The one letterbox's log book was full and soggy. The owner was in Texas. So, I fixed up his box and sent him the log book in the mail. Thanks for putting this thread on. I found a new hobby, and discovered a new talent within myself!

Missed this thread completely!! We've been letterboxing for a few years and recently started geocaching when we discovered there are no less than a dozen caches within 3 miles of our house! Can't find 'em all, but they're listed.

Yep, I got into letterboxing in 2004 after learning about it at a leadership retreat. I don't get to get out on the trails very often and my "fishtank" series down by my parents' house is sadly neglected (I really really need to do some major maintenance on it since there are more boxers down there now). But my husband and I manage to make it to at least the big gathering (great lakes) each year and usually at least one or two of the other gatherings. And any time we go traveling we look to see if there are any boxes along the way or near our destination. I go by "Kimono Momma" (formerly Kimono Girl, but I think having a baby officially pushes you into adulthood) and my husband boxes under "Flying Dragon." Our son is too little to have his own real trail name yet, but at the last gathering I think everyone was calling him "Little Dragon." At the last big gathering I exchanged stamps and got a personal traveler from another letterboxer that also keeps chickens (her "Happy Hen" PT).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom